• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kingston ValueRAM overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sdx

Registered
Hi, I (because of a shortage of $$ to spend) just purchased 512MB of PC2700 CL2.5 Kingston ValueRAM and was just wondering if anybody has tried to do any decent OCs with this RAM, and if so, what the results were. The parts I'm using are in my sig, but note that the motherboard will be an Abit NF7-S Ultra by the time I start my OC attempts. Thanks in advance.

I THINK I have the same ram you do, or at least I know it's Kingston, but not any of their high performance brands (Is there a line of Kingston memory between ValueRAM and their high performance stuff?).

But anyways, it OCes from 333mhz to 400mhz without any noticable problems (running 1:1 with the FSB). Been OCing it for about 2 months now.

Actually depending on the chips that Value RAM can scream. Some use BH-6 chips which is the same thing Mushkin uses in their 2-2-2 Special PC3200 and 3500. Tell us what is written on the chips. If you see BH-6 then you've probably got some great overclockers.

Well, the white sticker that said ValueRAM on it was a big hint. I managed to get some of the stuff that looked important down. I didn't see any BH-6 or BH-4 or any BH stuff at all:

KVR333/512R
DDR32MX8-6-TL L010345
333X64C25/512

Call me silly, but I think the first line means Kingston ValueRAM 333mhz 512mb.

Also, I tried earlier today to tighten the CL timing to 2 instead of 2.5. The result was the system failed to boot and I had to reset the CMOS to make it work again. But I have been running it OCed to 400mhz with the timings set to "Turbo" (the 2nd highest setting). Does anyone know what these settings mean exactly when yer doing the 2-2-2-5 thing?.

Last edited:
I looked all over the stick and I cannot find BH-6 or BH-4 at all, either. However, from the looks of Vipasnipa's OC, I *hopefully* should be able to get some decent results. Also, all the numbers on my chip are the same, except this one: DDR32MX8-6-TL L010345. I'm assuming that this line I found on mine: 99C5216-003.A00 replaces it. Does that tell us anything about the chips being used?

Back