• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair 3200LL or 3500c2 ?!?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Borgod

Registered
Gday,

Ive got myself a Mobile XP 2500+ with an NF7-S v2 and I can't figure what RAM to get.

Either the Corsair 3200LL or the 3500c2 I was thinking, as both are great sticks of RAM.

Im unsure how well my chip will allow me to overclock the FSB, which is fundamental to which stick I buy.

Does the Corsair 3200LL use BH-5 modules? Ive heard these overclock brilliantly to 220Mhz at tight timings.
Does the 2700LL also use BH-5? Could they theoretically overclock to the same speeds?

I think 3500c2 is the 'safe' stick to get, but the ultra-tight 3200LL and more of a chance of getting BH-5 is making it a tough choice.

Is it perhaps only the 3200LL PLATINUM range that offer such excellent modules?

I was initally going to get just 512megs, but really cant make my mind up on that either. Single sticks overclock better, but aren't as fast I dont think. 1gig would be excellent for the 'longevity' of the system, but may cost too much.

What do you guys think?

corsair pc3200ll v1.1 is bh-5. v1.2 is ch-5.
all of their pc3500c2 is bh-5. i have a 512 stick and it's the best bh-5 i've ever tested (i've tested 6 total, 4 more coming).
nearest contenders were a KHX stick and a mushkin stick.
i don't know if i just got lucky or not, but i'd recommend them :)

where you sure about all of the c2 are bh5s?... if so where you get em hehe

same way we know LL v1.1 is bh-5 lol
'the ram guy' announced that. i've also never heard of one being anything else. the pc3500 isn't made anymore because they ran out of the moduals, so they're hard to find.

Back