• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

problem with dlink 520+ wireless card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Posidon42

I am trying to install this card with a fresh XP install, and I am having some issues. This is the only PCI card in my system and I have tried both the 3.03 and the 3.07 drivers available for XP from the Dlink website. Both install fine, but then I get the "Device cannot start (code 10)" in the device manager and it just doesn't work.

Any ideas on what is wrong? I tried moving the card to the top, middle and bottom PCI slots and nothing works so far.

yeah that is the strange thing. I had one of these cards in the past and I knew to install the drivers prior to putting the card in. I ended up calling Dlink tech support and they worked me through it. Basically all they had me do was uninstall the software and driver, shut down windows, remove the card, boot back into windows, shut down again, put the card back in and boot back into windows. I don't know why it worked, but it did. Right now this machine is folding away at 2.3ghz and it will soon have a new home in the basement as the gateway for my folding boxes.

Back