• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

On XP Pro...(sp1)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JeffForSale!

Registered
Is there anyway to install Service Pack 1? It says mine is a bootleg or some crap like that, is there a way around this?

Do you actually own XP? Or is are we talking about the famous XP corporate here? There are plenty of ways around it but I won't tell you and I'm sure others won't either if you're using the pirated version.
Now if you own XP and it's just some stupid MS glitch then that's a different story.

Yeah, I picked my copy of Pro from the school bookstore for 10 bucks...
Edit: What do you mean by XP corporate? And I see these threads about having to activate, my copy never asked me to activate mine?
Another edit: I used to run ME, and then upgraded, but the shortcuts didnt work and I reformatted so I could install everything again, might that have caused some problems?

Last edited:
Better Call MS and ask for help. You have your serial number, and proof of purchase?

Microsoft does have a workaround for this problem. However, you have to prove your copy is legitimate.

Better idea, since you bought this at the school's bookstore... refund it, it does not work!! Also, contact the school's technical support center reporting that your copy does not work. If this is a corporate windows issue they had with all of their disks, then they will fix your problem pretty quickly.

Sorry I couldn't help more. One more thing...

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!

Please do stick around, ask questions, read threads, provide input, and have fun here. The members are nice and friendly as well as very knowledgable. Do stick around, you won't regret it. :)

Back