• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Test of Bh6s: special 222 vs ocz pc3200 limited ed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

secretweapon

Just got my mushkins special 222 1Gb kit from excaliberPC. Great service and shipping information from these guys. Also getting a 1gb kit of ocz platinium pc3200 Ltd edition from ramstore. Should be here tomorrow. Going to test them and post the results back here. :D

It will either be one of two things.......

OCz will suck *** or beat Mushkin.

Mushkin is extremrly consistant however they lack on the top end.

OCz tends to be hit or miss.

Good luck!

Well sad news to report. One of the mushkin sticks is bad. :( The working stick did 2-2-2-6 210mhz with 2.75volts. Turbo and Permance acceleration enabled. I'm sure it would have done better with more volts but since the other stick is going for a RMA the 3.0volt + test will have to wait. OCZ should be here tomorrow and I will see how that works out. Btw it looks like mushkin hiked the prices again, $365USD for a 1gb kit of 222 special now :eek:

Kingston is selling their infamous BH5/6 PC3000 on their website. (2x512MB) for $185.:beer:

See the cyber deals section

Ok finally got the OCZ today. Running 2-2-2-7 @ 215mhz with no problems at 2.75volts. Going to burning a lil at that speed and see what happens.

vietp13 said:
what do you mean by infamous kingston is good brand

Well I think vietp13 means why would he call the ram or type of chips infamous? What is bad about the brand or chips?

Infamous: Having an exceedingly bad reputation; notorious.

My smd grabber fell off (it was one of those radioshack things) I'm just trying to find a good source for the pomona ones before i can run high voltages again. If I can't find any i'll just solder it i guess.

Back