• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SCDS (Sudden Corsair Death Syndrome)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sterculus

I must say, this is amazing:
I've had FOUR sticks of Corsair RAM die in the last week. 2 x 256mb XMS2400 RAM, and 2 x 256mb XMS3200 RAM. One of the XMS3200 sticks was in my possesion less than an hour before it was dead. Three of the sticks (2 of the 2400 and 1 3200) have a very strange problem, where running the bad RAM results in a Windows 'file corrupt or missing' message on boot. The final stick of 3200 refuses to POST properly. The system can actually display some stuff, but all it does is spew out a few messages about the floppy drive and keyboard not working (just the error messages, none of the normal POST screen).
Now, I wasn't running any of these modules past spec (the systems were overclocked, but I had always made sure that the CPU:RAM ratio was set so that they ran at spec speeds, and at spec latencies). Frankly I never would have expected something like this from Corsair. Anyone have any ideas as to why something like this would happen? :confused:

default voltage, and default timings (C2)
The 3200 was running in my NF7-S
the 2400 was running in an A7N8X deluxe

Back