• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IRQ Problem...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xXHairRazorXx

Hello, Umm I am having a little trouble with my IRQ's, see I have this one problem with the Nvidia Loop Crash ( NV4_DISP.DLL )
and I have heard that if you look to see if your network and/or your sound was on the same IRQ as the Graphics card it would cause conflict, Now the thing is that when I move the hardwear by hand on the motherboard it moves everything in the OS as well, so in other words I cant get the graphics card on a IRQ by itself, I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to change these in XP. My Specs are these:

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ 1.7
Abit KG7-Raid
1 gig of memory
GForce TI 4600 8x AGP
SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS
2 40 gig Fireballs Raid ATA 100 ( raid 0 )

If there is anyone who could help I would be greatful, There is one more problem I have also with the games I play Crashing to the desktop with no error no nothing, the game just turns off, I have tryed tons of things and nothing has fixed this prob ( and I have the latest drivers for all my hardwear ) I have been having this prob everytime I put XP in my comp there is other ppl who have this prob but still no fixes any Ideas? Take a look if you dont mind. http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/topic/17815/ Thanks....

Once upon a time I was running an Abit KG7 motherboard. I flash to this modded bios which allows you to disable ACPI in the bios. Flash your bios at your own risk. ACPI usually likes to lump all devices onto one or two irqs which is ok most of the time. You'll probably need to re-install the OS once you disable ACPI.

Back