• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MP3 catalog

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ToiletDuck

I've had a 30gb hd that I have put mp3's on for years now. I have over 3K songs. However I have a problem. I can't tell if I have duplicates and all that. I use to just take disk that I had and save them all. I was a DJ when I was younger so I had tons. However now I've got so many that it seems impossible to see if I have any two of the same songs. Any program that can load all of my mp3s and it will tell me if there are duplicates?
Duck

PS. In my earlier days I use to just rip the disk and have some 600 songs that are in the form of disk1title01.mp3 any programs that will find the names of the songs for me. I think i'd rather delet them then go in one by one and try to find the names to each one.

well, there's a ghetto way of doing what you want,. It's to make an html page of your mp3's.

If you have winamp (5.02 adn previous), there's an option that if you load ALL of your songs onto the play lsit, you can generate an html list of everything you have. So load all of your songs and then on the bottom of the playlist window in winamp, and then jsut press "ctrl+alt+G" and youll see a window pop up with all of your songs. Hope that helps at all. It's not exactly what your looking for, but maybe it will help.

Use musicbrainz, or moodlogic to catalog or identify your songs. Musicbrains = free, moodlogic = $30 (but imo, is much better).
Both are good though

- Awperator

Back