• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any way around Napster's WMA files?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

donny_paycheck

Inactive Super Quad Mod
I'd like to know if there is, because, while the 128k WMAs have sound quality equal or greater than a 160k MP3, WMAs don't work well with some of my other software.

Is there a way to get MP3s from Napster?

Since I kind of doubt there is, is there a decent encoder out there that'll transpose them into MP3? I have RazorLame but it won't handle WMAs, apparently.

Thanks in advance. This is kind of a stupid question but it's been bugging me.

donny_paycheck said:

This thing rules. Thanks a bunch mang.

However, it is unable to work with the Napster WMAs because they are encrypted. Ah well.

if they are encrypted I am betting you are breaking the EULA and thus Breaking forum rules by trying to get around the encryption :p hehehe

tisk tisk mods breaking rules.

that said, I do have a solution for you, though

Thanks but no thanks d00d. :eek: -donny_paycheck

I am not wishing to aid in the breaking of forum rules but am assuming there is a loop hole

deRusett said:
if they are encrypted I am betting you are breaking the EULA and thus Breaking forum rules by trying to get around the encryption :p hehehe
Heh, yeah, I realize that now. However, I started this thread in good faith. ;)

Thanks for the link, but it's definitely not something we can have on this board. Moderator entrapment! No worries.

Seeing as there is nothing pertaining to the subject of this thread that falls within the bounds of legality, it's better off closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back