• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best option for pc3200?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Krowa 02

I need 1gb of pc3200, I dont want to spend alot, im not overclocking my main system anymore, and I would like to sell my 2-2-2 special and get a gig of ram from komusa.

I have these choices, which would be the best option for running good timings (if it really even makes a difference, I just want some feedback, timings dont really make me see any huge difference.)

Here are the choices I have;

Komusa Brand

This is the hyper ram stuff up there

This is the regular komusa, is this any different from the hyper?

And here are the other name brands samsung infineon etc.

http://komusa.com/sa1gbkit5pc4.html

http://komusa.com/1gbkit5pc40d3.html

Just need some feedback asap before I buy.

i bought some of their pc4000 adata hyperram last fall and i was very satisfied with the memory, however to be honest i cant vouch for their lower speeds .i emailed randy lo(support komusa) a while back when the winbond chips started getting expensive and rare, asking what was in their pc3200/3500/3700 hyperram. he said they were a combination of samsung grade A chips and what was left of the winbond bh5/bh6 left in the pipline.. he said that it wasnt possible to hand pick certain sticks cause they come from the manufacturers with heatspreaders on them..the regular stuff is probably generic so the hyperram is probably the way to go, but id call or email randy and tell him what u are looking for, ie speed- timings etc. maybe he can suggest the best modules for ur needs..

I just got the hyperram, which is probably good enough. Komusa is really good so if this stuff dosent do to well ill talk to em. Im not looking for super good timings, I just need a new set of ram.

Back