• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CH-5 running 3.25v everyday

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

microfire

We all know that BH-5 loves voltage in order to reach high mhz. Most people would agree that running them 24/7 at high voltage is safe.

I want to know how peoples feel about running CH-5 at high voltage, do you think it will be safe.

3.25v on my board gives me a stable 1:1 overclock at 235mhz with 2-3-2-6 and gat set to a-a-a-d-d

I would like to run the above 235mhz rather than use 5:4 and drop down to 187mhz.

Looks like 3.25v it is then!

Voltage ranges from 3.24v - 3.27v when playing a game. 90% of the time its on 3.25v. Rarely it will drop to 3.19v

Best I can do is:

1:1 235mhz 2-3-2-5 gat set` a-n-5-e-d

5:4 187mhz 2-2-2-5 gat set F1-e-5-e-e

Oddly enough both dividers seem to be about the same performance wise. Just wish it would work with strap 667 so I can fully enable PAT.

The corsair ch-5 seems more flexable with the gat timings than the twinmos. The corsair will still error out with memtest86 at 240mhz.
Since these 2 sticks are new, I will run memtest overnight with the above 1:1 setting and hope it shines through, if it doesnt then I can settle for very tight 5:4 setting. If 1:1 is the way to go I could go for 231mhz, im sure that will be 100%

Is 1:1 overall faster for the system as a whole in apps, games or whatever. Should I be aiming for 1:1?

The modules are alot hotter with the extra voltage, no burning fingers but alittle hotter I would not be able to touch them. I can hold my fingers on there. The centre in between the modules is hot. I still think that it not far away from the 72c threshold they say winbond rates them for. I can't really be fussed with extra cooling. I guess that the temp would be around 50-60c under full memtest load with the side panel on. The led heatspreaders on the corsair are large, so im counting on that to pick up the slack.

I read on another forum that some people were commenting that 3.6v is the maximum voltage for ch-5 and bh-5, quoted by winbond, with 2.5v being the normal voltage.

Last edited:
It would still be a good idea to put a fan over that memory, even a slow one, just to make sure you're getting as long a life out of them as you can.

Back