• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how does Hynix like voltage?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Digital_Cowboy

I have 2x512 sticks of Mushkin pc4000 Hynix and if I go from 2.8v to 2.9 I get tons of errors memtest and the test even halts! but @ 2.8, I get no errors all day @ 265FSB. Anybody have an idea as to why the voltage problem?

I had some 3500 lvl I sticks running 3.2 no problem for a while. Now, these dont seem to like more than 2.8. Maybe I'll try to up it to 3.0 and see if that improves. I wanted to take it to at least 275FSB but unless I can pass that 2.8 barrier, i'm screwed. Also, my sticks SPD @ 2.5-3-3-8. They are supposed to SPD@ 3-4-4-8. I called mushkin about it and they said it's probably a programming fault and just to manually switch it back to 3-4-4-8 if I want to OC it to 250. So I did and here I am.:)

i was surprised myself at first, but ive found the newer hynix binned stuff doesnt like much over 2.8-9v .the older d43 LOVED it.

Back