• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I just finished my first volt mod :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Biznatch

Well thanks to felinusz and his excellent post on how to voltmod the vcore, I was able to go get the parts and complete my first volt mod. I upped it by .1 so 2vcore is now 2.1 and the best part is my vcore is finally rock stable. It doesn't move at all :) that was the one thing i hated about this board and now it's fixed. Thanks again felinusz :D

mine is not fixed. After the mod it varys just a bit less, but it is still all over the joint. I even completely lowered the resistance to 0.

I range from 1.89 to 2.1 with a common core of 1.94-1.98 when set to 2.0.

The vsence should help it from woundering all over the place.

OK, what if you don't need more Vcore than what the BIOS allows (2.0 I believe) but you just want it to stop fluctuating all over the place? Can you just do the vsence mod only?

Yes you can There is no reason you cant do the vsense mod and not the vcore or vise versa.

I didn't do the vsense mod. I don't plan on going over 2.1, so i only hooked up the vcore mod. I also noticed it is still fluctuating a little. If i set it at 1.8 it will be at 1.9 and fluctuate from 1.9-1.93 and that's it. The mod was easy and the only soldering i did was the ground wire to one of the fan connecters since i didn't have a 3 pin plug anywhere. I took pictures and i'll post them as soon as i get them on my comp and find a place to host.

Back