• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobile 2400 on a AN35N-Ultra

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xstatic

I have a 2400 barton on a AN35N-Ultra with 512 pc3200 Mushkin memory. A geforce fx 5200 video card. Just bought this setup. The video card works in a nother PC and im not sure about the cpu and memory as I dont have a motherboard that supports them. They are brand new from newegg. I install everything and turn the system on. The monitor goes to the default screen where the red blue and green box floats around and I get no beeps or anything. No post screen, just the red, green, blue box for the monitor saying that the monitor is not pluged in to the video card or the video card is not installed or bad. I know this is not true as it works in different pc.

I am running out of ideas as to what can be wrong. I have reseated the video card numerous times and rehooked up the monitor cable to the card. Re seated the cpu and the memory. I dont think it would be the cpu would it. Brand new from newegg. OEM but still should be ok. I examined it for cracks or defects as best I could. Not really sure where cracks would be but it looks like it did when I got it out of the fedex box. Tried putting the memory into dimm1 and then in dimm 3.

Any suggestions or anyone had the same problem and then fix it somehow? I am really agravated as I have been working on it all day. Thanks guys. I know someone has an answer.

Does your cpu fan work, does the led light on the motherboard light up? From the information in your post I'm thinking a power problem.

Yes all the fans spin up and the green led by the memory lights up along with the lan lights. I have a 420 watt PSU and it is a turbolink, so i know its rebadged.

Balrog said:
Try clearing CMOS, make sure that 8X support is activated.

Regartds, Balrog

I cant get into bios or anything to make sure any settings are whatever....It wont post or show anything. Do you know the box that appears on most quality monitors when they are not hooked up to anything. Most of them show a box and it scrolls up and down like a screensaver? Well when i hook the monitor into the Video card and power on it acts like the monitor is still not hooked into the card. I know the card works and I know the monitor works. So far all I can figure is the board is bad. I tried a different PSU and a different cpu and different memory. All the same luck.

Time to RMA it I guess. Do I RMA it to newegg or to shuttle? Newegg has a RMA policy. What one is better, faster and cheeper?

Before you RMA the board, take it out of the case (you need to take it out anyway to RMA it). Install only video card, cpu and hsf, and one stick of ram. Plug in the atx power connector and the 4 prong atx12v connector and power to your video card if needed. Make sure the clear cmos jumper is on the correct pins. Turn on the psu and short the power switch pins on the motherboard(I use a screwdriver) and see if it will post.
If your RMAing it, go with New Egg, they are very fast.

you dont need to boot up to clear cmos, their is a jumper on the board that will do that. Sounds like that may be the problem. Clear it and see if it works.

It may be either the RAM, board or CPU that is causing the problem... all three can cause a non-POST...

A PSU can also cause issues, even if all the lights come on, and the fans spin up...

I would be inclined to test the RAM, and CPU before RMA'ing the board... talk to your PC buddies, and see if they have a compatible system... you may RMA the board, just to find out it is not the culprit...

I would check out that Mushkin Ram very carefully. I have had 3 different dual packs. The first one wouldn't boot in my AN35 but would in others. The second 2 would boot but error out in Memtest no matter the settings. From my personal experience Mushkin ram might not like your board.

Before someone else jumps in and states that I'm an idiot because they know alot of people using Mushin Ram. I know there are. I personally had many MANY problems with it and it is worth checking into because your problems sound like mine did.

Back