• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobile 2400 on a AN35N-Ultra

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xstatic

I have a 2400 barton on a AN35N-Ultra with 512 pc3200 Mushkin memory. A geforce fx 5200 video card. Just bought this setup. The video card works in a nother PC and im not sure about the cpu and memory as I dont have a motherboard that supports them. They are brand new from newegg. I install everything and turn the system on. The monitor goes to the default screen where the red blue and green box floats around and I get no beeps or anything. No post screen, just the red, green, blue box for the monitor saying that the monitor is not pluged in to the video card or the video card is not installed or bad. I know this is not true as it works in different pc.

I am running out of ideas as to what can be wrong. I have reseated the video card numerous times and rehooked up the monitor cable to the card. Re seated the cpu and the memory. I dont think it would be the cpu would it. Brand new from newegg. OEM but still should be ok. I examined it for cracks or defects as best I could. Not really sure where cracks would be but it looks like it did when I got it out of the fedex box. Tried putting the memory into dimm1 and then in dimm 3.

Any suggestions or anyone had the same problem and then fix it somehow? I am really agravated as I have been working on it all day. Thanks guys. I know someone has an answer.

Try a differnet stick of RAM. I had this same problem and it turned out to be RAM not liking to be run @ 433MHz (by spd) while fsb set to 100MHz (default settings). Everytime I clear CMOS I HAVE to boot with some old ddr333 or lower and then set bios to 1:1 instead of by spd. Put ddr433 back in and I'm good to go.

Psyko

Back