• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hot swap (BIOS CORRUPTED)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

makaka

It is possible to hotswap DFI ultra infinity BIOS with an ASUS A7N8X
my DFI just dead i can't buy or get a bios savior the hotswap still possible between 4Mb and 2 Mb ships
10x for help:(

Do they use the same chips? If not, check the daasheets to see how similar the chips are. If they use the same voltages, it may not hurt anything to give it a try. Any other opinions?

the dfi use 4mb rom chip the asus is with 2mb
the hotflash still possible?????

It might be possible. I'm not sure. I know it won't be if the electrical specifications for the chips are different. Look up the datasheets for the two chips to check that. You can also double check to see that the asus is a 2m chip, it may be a 4m chip with 2m just unused (they did some of that going from 1m to 2m).

That’s a very good question. It might be possible …..but …..I don’t really know. I’ve done it with boards with different chipsets but they both had the same bios chip. It still might be possible….let me know how it goes.

tried it but it ont work :(

i hve flashed the dfi ship 3 or 4 time but the mobo still dead
dont work:(

Back