• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

memory question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sturdy

I run win XP after running an application like UT2004, or lineage II or eq ect, I close the application my memory useage will drop to 190 ish mb. When I start up my computer memory useage is at 79mb. I looked for additional processes running but found none. Is their a way to remedy this? Thanks

Some programs aren't real good at releasing the reserved memory after they are closed out. If that much difference in RAM usage makes a difference in your system, you should look into adding more RAM.

There are software utilities that will free more RAM space, but they are an extremely poor substitute for adding more RAM.

How much RAM do you have?

TweakXP.com

You will find a lot of tweaks there...which in turn can hlep the memory...there is a gamers system tweak on that site that will list what services and such to turn off to help regain memory...

I forgot to mention tweaking your services running in the background. Hit windows+r and type services.msc and hit enter. Disable and stop any services that you do not use. Check out the services guide at the site below to find out what you really need and what you don't. I cut down about 45MBs of ram usage with my service tweaks and that site.

www.blackviper.com

Back