• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7 won't boot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fletch

OK, very weird problem. I got this refurb NF7 off Newegg - I put it together with basic parts (RAM, video card, processor, keyboard) to make sure it works. It boots up and I am able to get into the BIOS and browse around.

I power down, then finish assembling the machine. The board only booted one time (and never again). I checked every component, and I am 100% sure that it is the board at fault.

Anyone know what the problem could be? I spent hours assembling the watercooling, cutting holes, etc. and now I'm back on all my old stuff and air :mad:

P.S. - I changed no settings in the BIOS on the one time it did boot. Also, everything powers up (even NB fan), and the board light comes on for power, and the other when powered up.

Last edited:
No beeps surprisingly. Everything appears to be working, just no display (tried two different verified working video cards, processors, power supplies, and sticks o' RAM)

It's a long shot but did you unplug the power cord, clear CMOS (or even remove battery for about a minute) and hold down insert when you turn it back on? Hopefully that will get your system up and running.

Most of the time they don't die. They just go to sleep for about a day.

Let it sit over night, unplugged and with no battery.

Let us know what happens.

It's a long shot but did you unplug the power cord, clear CMOS (or even remove battery for about a minute) and hold down insert when you turn it back on? Hopefully that will get your system up and running.

I did - no go :(

Let it sit over night, unplugged and with no battery.

I'll give that a try before I mail it off :p

Thanks for your help everyone - I retried all suggestions, but to no avail :(

Board may ship off tomorrow to Newegg...

G/L. Hopefully you have better luck with the next mobo.

btw, did you get a Ver 2 mobo from newegg or ver 1.2?

Thanks.

Thanks. I've got a NF7 arriving today from newegg. Hope it's a ver2 so I can use the bios chip to hot flash my corrupted one.

Decided I'll box it up and mail it off tomorrow morning - hopefully they will have another to send me by then.

Well, after getting unlazy, I mailed the board off (2-3 day) this morning. Hopefully I'll have a replacement mid-late next week.

My watercooling gear is just sitting in the box looking at me with a sad face... :( :D

I rarely have good luck with refurb stuff from Newegg, especially motherboards. I ordered several refurb mobos from them, I had to RMA all of them. I ordered 3 refurb video cards, had to RMA 2 of them (radeon8500 and radeon 9600pro) the other one (radeon7500) was good and still good to this day. I've decided not to order any refurb electronic computer parts from them any more. I only order non electronic stuff like cases, heatsinks, etc.

This is my first time ordering a refurb from Newegg. I didn't feel like spending $$$ on a new NF7, so I figured I'd just try a refurb. If all else fails, I lose out on ~$6 on shipping :p

<sigh> Ive lost my faith in Abit.... my NF7 just died in-explicibaly this morning..

The will be #3 in 4 months...

I cannot belive how f*in flimsy these things are....GOD FORBID someone try to volt mod them :eek:

Back