• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do I remove the bios chip?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

maxima88

Well, I corrupted my bios and will hot flash my chip.

Based on the pic, is the chip the silver ic including the brown surround or is it just the silver ic inside the brown base?

Do I just pry up the brown thing from the mobo?

Any help will be greatly appreciated?

Thanks.

IMG_0708.JPG

the chip is just the black thing and it sits in the brown socket.. There is a extractor tool that is available at radio shack to get it out.. If you try to pry it out be carefull not to force it ..

Thunda

dont try to pry it out...its better to spend the 10.00 for the extrator tool then it is if you happen to chip the BIOS socket...or the chip for that matter...

If you're desparate, you can use a jewelers screwdriver to gently pry it up, starting on one side, just a little...then to the next side...like that.'

C

I used a small screwdriver, and it works fine. Just work evenly around the sides of the BIOS chip. Its a nerve wracking process, but once its over your MB will be working again.

Back