• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What chipset voltage in nf7-s rev2?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
the options are 1.4,1.5,1.6,and 1.7... how much to use depends on the system .. I used to use 1.5 on my old nf7 for 220fsb.. but some need more.. right now im all unstable and trying to work on it tho.. :( not sure whats wrong..

Thunda

THunDA said:
the options are 1.4,1.5,1.6,and 1.7... how much to use depends on the system .. I used to use 1.5 on my old nf7 for 220fsb.. but some need more.. right now im all unstable and trying to work on it tho.. :( not sure whats wrong..

Thunda

If you are runing into the 220 problem...one thing I found out if...the newer NF7's are using a different type of mosfets...which seem a lot worse then with the first rev 2.0's...

adding ramsinks and a 60mm fan helped me gain a few FSB...but the best thing to do...is add a few fans cooling the back of the motherboard...right over the mosfet and NB areas...if you can...

This in turn should help the VDD voltage also...when I cooled the mosefts...with ramsinks and added fan...I was able to run at 1.5v's on VDD at 220...instead of 1.7v's...

glock19owner said:

If you are runing into the 220 problem...one thing I found out if...the newer NF7's are using a different type of mosfets...which seem a lot worse then with the first rev 2.0's...

adding ramsinks and a 60mm fan helped me gain a few FSB...but the best thing to do...is add a few fans cooling the back of the motherboard...right over the mosfet and NB areas...if you can...

This in turn should help the VDD voltage also...when I cooled the mosefts...with ramsinks and added fan...I was able to run at 1.5v's on VDD at 220...instead of 1.7v's...

thx.. I have microcool sinks on mosfets... I started having problems before I changed my mobo also.. Tonight im gona put my 2800 back in just to see if that makes a difference.. then ill go from there.. If that doesnt work I might do like you say..

Thunda

This VDD mod, where can I find it? And on that note, what exactly does VDD stand for? I checked the stickies but unless I somehow overlooked it, that mod isn't there.

TehGoober said:
This VDD mod, where can I find it? And on that note, what exactly does VDD stand for? I checked the stickies but unless I somehow overlooked it, that mod isn't there.

vdd is the NorthBridge voltage.. The Mods can be found HERE

That mod didnt help at all.

The best voltage that works for me is 1.6. Any higher or lower affects my OC for the worse

[[xs-CHARLIE]] said:
fortunately for us, the Vdd mod is SOOOO easy!

C

Its not a VDD mod issue with the newer NF7's...also...from a thread Mr Icee posted in...he stated that the newer NF7's and AN7's are being tuned for the CH5 chips...not the BH5 chips like the first rev 2.0's were being tuned for...

There is a thread at another forum that is stating this is possible a VTT voltage issue now..not a VDD issue...

And since I can run my system at 220 at 1.5v's now but can not boot into windows after 225...no matter what voltage is selected on core/VDD/memory...this also tell me...that this is not a VDD voltage issue anymore...

I'm having these same issues. I can get higher with the multiplier, but even with water cooling I am having a hard time around 220. ****ing me off. Would i have been better off with a different MB?

glock19owner said:

Its not a VDD mod issue with the newer NF7's...also...from a thread Mr Icee posted in...he stated that the newer NF7's and AN7's are being tuned for the CH5 chips...not the BH5 chips like the first rev 2.0's were being tuned for...

Wait, so I have CH-5 ram and the older NF7-S's. What does that exactly mean according to that statement? Should I try the VTT trick?

i think he means you should iether get BH5 or a newer board, as i think he said the new board are better with CH5 and the older ones are better with BH5....this saddens me because i put allot of cash into my Mobo/ram (NF7-S rev2 and mushkin black lvl2 3500) and i cant seem to do better than 223.

Back