• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAM running in ratio

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

phamine

Is that desirable for an AMD Barton 2500+? Is there a way I can get it to run in sync at this speed?

Vdimm: 2.6v
Core: 1.6v

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 89
that really just depends on the quality of the DIMMs. 2700's are meant to run @ 166. I've only been able to oc some of mine in the past to 178. They were cheap and I didn't care too much about super overclocks then. Lots of people now are getting pc3200 or higher on those AMD Bartons, lowering the multi's and cranking the FSB to 250+ if you can afford it, that's the way to go. But you may be able to go 1:1. Have you tried it yet? What kind of RAM modules are they?

Cheap smart modular PC2700. How would i get it to run 0ne-one at this speed? I'm able to get it to run one-one when I have FSB set to 182

Okay - I set CPU:DRAM By SPD in BIOS - it's running one-one now

set the ratio to auto...this is 1:1 timings...by "speed" is the timings, not memory ratio...and besides the ram voltage...you will also have to adjust the ram timings for that FSB you are trying...

since its cheap 2700 odds are it is a cas 2.5 or cas 3 ram...

try running at 8/11-3-3-3 and see if that helps you...set the timing to user and set the memory timings like that...

8 - 11 runs faster on NF2 then using 5-7...

^^ - It seems I could only top out to 182 @ 3-3-3-11 w/ PC2700 @ 1:1. This is at stock voltage of 1.65 core and 2.6 vdimm. Tested ram with sisoft sandra for 1:1 and 6:5 and I get better score with a 1:1 ratio. Also, having CPU enabled and the setting to auto gave me the best scores. Thanks for the help.

Back