• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kingston Hyper X PC4000 voltages

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cheece2001

Has any1 fed this ram more than 2.85 volts. I am wondering how far this memory chip can be fed with voltages and what the ittes timings are for it running at 1:1 I just ordered my ASUS p4c800 - e deluxe and waiting for it to be vdim moded. If any1 gave it more than 3 v and was succesfull please tell me. I just want to see how much potentioal my memory has.

I got the memory way back in november of 2003. So would it be a waste if i do the mod on the asus then? O...i have one more question. If thats the case , should i get the ABIT max 3 instead of the asus P4C800 - e edluxe?

cheece2001 said:
I got the memory way back in november of 2003. So would it be a waste if i do the mod on the asus then? O...i have one more question. If thats the case , should i get the ABIT max 3 instead of the asus P4C800 - e edluxe?

Personally I dont like abit boards anymore, and the max3 isnt super great. Id opt for the asus.

to the best of my knowledge the d43 stuff that likes hi voltage is like the first half of 2003. if u get the asus from what i hear its easy to vdimm mod.. also, remember the abit ai7/ and epox boards have up tp 3.2v

ive got the same ram and am running it in my is7. will let you know what i can do with it once i get a new processor and start overclocking.

k thanks. I hope it can go over 260 fsb on 1:1 ratio. I just ordered a ASUS P4C800-E deluxe to replace my Lanparty 875Pro rev and see how far the ram can be pushed. If u think the ABIt max 3 is better please tell me fast so i can change the order. I am still iffy on which motherbaord to choose. The max 3 or the asus. .......:eek:

Back