• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELLO all!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kevy8up

Hello everyone, I'm on my second post. but im new to the MSI forum. Just wanted to get to know some people in here. I just bought the ILSR board. Just wanted to see how you all are doing with this board. I have been reading the last couple of days. Looking forward to OC'ing on this board. I just ordered it with the xp 2500 barton. ram is pc3200 2x256 of geil value. vid card is the geforce fx 5700 ultra.

Anyway...just wanted to know if i may need to update the bios on this board to do any overclocking for cpu, ram and v-card?

thanks guys.

talk to you all later.

The cpu you ordered may be locked most of them are now days to get around this people have ben going with Athlon XP Mobile's which are still comming unlocked

First off,

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!

If you just barely purchased your chip, if you can, you probably want to return it and get a mobile. The newer desktop steppings aren't overclocking nearly as well as either their older counterparts, or the mobile chips. I sure wish I had bought a mobile instead.

The GeIL memory should be fine, just don't expect super-tight timings out of it. Keep it at 2.5-3-3 or 2.5-4-4 and it will chug right along.

WRT to your board's BIOS, I'm unsure, as I don't have the ILSR board, but I'm running the latest BIOS on my K7N2 Delta-L, and it seems to be fine.

Good luck!

If your CPU was made after week 39 of 2003 your out of luck it will not OC. Get the latest bios as they were many fixes with the FX cards. As for mobile i was the first In MSI fourm to try a mobile in K7N2 boards. I got the crappy OCing mobile but still get 2300MHz easy with Vcore at 1.625v

If your CPU was made after week 39 of 2003 your out of luck it will not OC.
Whoa there...it'll still OC. You'll just have to work with a locked multiplier, which isn't always that bad.

Sounds like your mobile doesn't OC too bad either, despite what you might think. :)

The locked ones tend to only go up about 12-20 FSB like on the 2500+ from 166 to 180-185 and it tops out. I am a little disipointed in this moblie as my 2100+ can run the same settings but ran a bit more warmer and only had 256k cache. oh well i look at it as a FREE 500MHz :D

Back