• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which mobo should I keep?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Beavis

I can use either a ECS K7VTA3 KT333 or a Epox 8K7A AMD761 for another backup computer but not sure which one I should sell. The ECS is practically new and the Epox is over 2 years old. Which one do you think is more reliable in the long run? I'm using it with a Duron 950. I think I'm going to keep the ECS but wanted some input from yall.

If you are using that duron, you might as well keep the Epox.

Sell the ECS youll get more money that way.

You've got a point, the Epox has been rock solid for years in my parents computer. I've had good luck with the ECS board but since Fry's gives them away essentially selling it wouldn't make me feel as guilty. Do you think this Epox still has plenty of years left on it?

Most general cpu are rated for 10 yr's I think the board are more like 7 or so although I have never seen any data on thing firsthand. If the epox board hasn't been taken a high voltage abusse then it should be ok for a while I would suggest gettting a DFI infinity or a abit nf7 @ the least if you are planing to overclock.

Not really planning to overclock, it's mainly being used for backing up data and playing music. Also, in case my main computer goes down I will have a backup to use. My friend is interested in buying the 2nd computer in my sig so I will need this backup soon.

Back