• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S Should I RMA or not?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hafaphoto

My first NF7-S died on me, would not boot, so I RMA'd it back to newegg. The current board acts weird to me. I have had to re-install windows XP 3 or 4 times, and it seems very sluggish at stock and o/c'd to 2.2. Also, this board will not run Folding @ home with games like Diablo II (I know, an old game, but it is paid for!)

This is my first system build, so I am unsure what to do. I have tried Abit's newest BIOS, and also an older version (2.2 i think) and still have the same problems. The motherboard is the only change I have made.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

E

Last edited:
NF7-S

Yes, I installed all the drivers that came with it.

Thanks for the fast reply!!

E

I noticed you are running buffalo ram...which is probably BH5 chips...my latest NF7-S rev 2.0 has issues running BH5 chips...

If possible...try some different ram before RMAing it...like CH5 memory sticks...

NF7-S

I have no other ram to try. My previous m/b had no problem running F@H and any game or program. The only thing that has changed is the m/b.

Please help! And thanks for the other suggestions!

E

1st plz confirm that its BH5.

It should say it on the ic themselves...example:
29NMSA482BH-5

I'd try softening ur timings to 2-2-3-11. See what that does

BH5 ram

I do not know what BH-5 is! I pulled a stick of ram, and on the sticker it had the following:

DD333-5256/MC
PC2700U-25330-A1
256mb 333MHz CL2.5
Non ECC Unbuffered

On the back of the RAM was a sticker with the S/N. Am I looking at the right stuff? I found no mention of BH-5 anywhere on the chip.

Thanks for the help!

By the way, I am running 2 identical sticks of RAM.

E

Chip numbers

Ok, I pulled RAM again, and this is what is on the chips:

0340 4-2

MT 46V32MB

TG -6TC

Does that help? I have looked all over the RAM, and see no BH5 anywhere on it.

Thanks for the help!

E

Back