• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PWM fan off?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mosh

Registered
I just got an Anter Smartcool Case Fan, and plugged the speed monitoring end to the PWM pin connector. It shows the RPM in bios, but AbitEQ says OFF?

Any ideas why?

It could be that the Speed is too low, my power supply has a fan speed connector to tell the motherboard how fast it's fans are going, and my NF7-S says it is zero if it goes below about 1400 rmp.

Another thing to check is if the A-bit utility is measureing the right sensor. I'm not sure how you change this with that program, but you can with things like motherboard monitor.

The fan spins around 2000-3000 rpm, so it is strange AbitEQ shows it is off, whereas BIOS shows the rpm...

Is it a bios setting, or is there a way to edit the ini files for AbitEQ somehow?

I doubt it is a bios setting.

You can try editing the config files if you can find something that doesn't seem right. I'm not supprised that it doesn't work though, the program looks like it was thrown together really quickly. When I installed it on my comp, the alarm started going off the second I started it because the default warning temp for my cpu was set to 30 degrees or something stupid.

I would recomend jsut using motherboard monitor 5. It isn't as good looking, and it is harder to set up, but once you have it working everything is great. It will even show your temps in your taskbar, which abitEQ won't do.

You might want to uninstall the abitEQ first though, as the 2 programs don't always get along and can mess eachother up.

Back