• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Samsung overlclock!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NinjaWreck

Just wondering if this is a good overclock for generic Samsung PC3200? I am thinking about swapping it out for my Geil.

Samsung.jpg

hmm

240 is a good oc....

What voltage? Also is it Prime stable? And lastly - whered you get it an how much was it?

SWEET, and to think I also have Samsung PC3200 DDR SDRAM. Just curious, could you send me a link to where you purchased yours? Also, are those your default timings and do you have memory coolers, etc. As you can tell I am interested and would like to know anything and everything about your RAM as I also would love to churn out the most performance possible.

kchip said:
240 is a good oc....

What voltage? Also is it Prime stable? And lastly - whered you get it an how much was it?

They are @ 2.8v, and are prime stable for 8hrs so far.

wannaoc said:
Nice so far. Have you tried to lower the timings any?

Can't get it to boot with lower timings.

Tatuya said:
SWEET, and to think I also have Samsung PC3200 DDR SDRAM. Just curious, could you send me a link to where you purchased yours? Also, are those your default timings and do you have memory coolers, etc. As you can tell I am interested and would like to know anything and everything about your RAM as I also would love to churn out the most performance possible.

I actually bought them from an Ebay auction just to get me by until I could afford some Mushkin. They cost me about $175 6 months ago. Timings are lower than stock already ( default is 2.5 4 4 8). No memory cooling at all. Here is a link:

ebay auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewItem&item=3443891537

Buy some here:

http://stores.ebay.com/Speedy-Memory

pics:

66_1.JPG
d4_1.JPG

Last edited:
Very nice there. I purchased mine for $173 from www.buyaib.com and assume that these are the same RAM. I installed some vantec icebergs on my RAM so now am giddy with joy and anticipation. Maybe this Samsung RAM is better than I thought it was... :eek:

Keep up the great work NinjaWreck:)

ADDED: The one reason I have hesistated to OC my RAM is because Prime95 errors on me at three minutes, EVERY TIME. I personally think I need to up my vcore but no one in the applications and software forum seems to want to respond :mad:

Yeah, you probably need higher voltage. I am thinking of doing the vdimm mod on the IC7-G. I heard it gives you another .2v default. The thing holding me back on the 3.0E rig with the samsung is the heat produced by that damned Prescott. I have a feeling this ram can do more, but I'm hitting 55c:mad: while running prime. The MB montior is showing 80c, but these Abit boards are way off. I have an external temp probe.

Note: this ram is running in dual channel mode.

Last edited:
Tatuya said:
I got my Prime95 to finally work by bumping up my vcore to 1.75 from 1.65. Time to OC the memory :cool:

Thanks for the inspiration NinjaWreck :beer:

Have you considered doing a vdimm mod?

I would try a vdimm mod if I were good at these things, I tend to mess up a lot. Anyways, where can I find a tutorial or something, it is something I may consider (my RAM runs better on 2.8 than 2.6 so I assume 3.0 will be even better). Thanks in advance :D

I'm kind of new at this... is Samsung good RAM? When I check pricewatch, it looks like the stuff goes for half the price of corsair and some other brand names.

Nemo said:
I'm kind of new at this... is Samsung good RAM? When I check pricewatch, it looks like the stuff goes for half the price of corsair and some other brand names.

Depends on do you want tight timing or fast speed.

Oh, come on! A set of forum users as opinionated as this and no one has an opinion about Samsung's memory??? ;)

Also depends on your luck, mine is crap while ninjawreck's rocks.

Samsung can be OCed a lot but tends to have very crappy timings even at stock so it's better to OC since the timings can't get much crappier than they already are lol.

Go with BH-6 or BH-5 stuff on Muskin/Corsair/Kingston, it's the best and I prefer it over Samsung.

glasszon said:
Of course bh5 and bh6 is better, but it is VERY expensive though : /

That's the problem... The Samsung stuff is half the price of Corsair. Is it half the quality? Or is it a little worse but a lot cheaper? Or what?

Is it like comparing a 9700 Pro to a 9800XT, or is it more like comparing a GF2 to a 9800XT? :)

imho bh5 and bh6 are over-rated because of the price for it right now, you may get about 10-20% slower in performance with Samsung, but highly unlikely it will be 50% slower.

Back