• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how do i tell if mobo is damaged

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Peto

Registered
Ok here's the deal. I got a brand new K7D-L. I am using a xp2400. I did the pin mod for 15X left the FSB at 100. When i powered up the board i hear grown instead of a beep. Then the cpu started smoking. The cpu had a big black spot in it, the size of a pea. Im not sure if i did the pin mod wrong or if cpu wasnt seated properly. Either way i got a new cpu and re-did mod and cpu came up ok.

Now, before i get any further with my new rig, i want to know for 100% the board was unaffected. How do i do that? Just beacause new cpu works and board looks mint, no burns or solder messed up, even the little black boxes inside cpu socket are fine. It cant be that simple though. I mean the cpu was smoking for about 3-4 seconds before i got power cord out...

So how do i be sure all is well?

Thanks-

thanks-

i think board is ok. I am almost positive i fried the cpu due to heat, not wire config. so all should be well.

Back