• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BH-5 doesn't like relaxed timings?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Oren

I've managed to overclock my KHX3000 BH-5 2x512 DC up to 222MHz or so at 2-3-2-6. Trying more relaxed setting for higher 1:1 speed doesn't work at all, Windows just reboots and doesn't even reach login. Is it common to all BH-5 chips? Is the only way to run a BH-5 at high MHz speeds 1:1 is to feed it a lot of voltage? My maximum is 2.8v which reads as 2.75. So I guess my best option now is 5:4?

My system specs are now below.

I guess I'll have to buy a board that supports higher vdimms, like the AI7. If I remember correctly, my old Samsung would be able to do higher at 1:1 with relaxed timings than the BH-5.

The BH-5 should be able to take relaxed timings, in the range of 2.5-3-3-X or so. It just won't do CAS 3 though. What timings were you trying?

johan851 said:
The BH-5 should be able to take relaxed timings, in the range of 2.5-3-3-X or so. It just won't do CAS 3 though. What timings were you trying?

I think it wouldn't accept anything with CAS 2.5. But I'll have to check it more closely later today, and would report back. I'm hoping to run it at about 240MHz 1:1.

yea your right cas3 is a no go.
2.5 is no better and worse with gat enabled.
cas2 works best. and the other timings 337. though my old bh-5 handled 448 ok

johan851 said:

With 2.5-3-3-X I could get to 225MHz, maybe max 226MHZ. Relaxing the timing more didn't really help. Changing to CAS of 3 just made my computer beep with no post. I've changed now to 5:4. I guess I have to get a new board to try running 1:1 any further than 225MHz with my BH-5.

Back