• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nforce2 tras timings best 8-11?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zippykid9

i visited Anandtech's article about the mushkin special edition 2-2-2 memory, and on the 2nd and 3rd pages they talk a little about how, while the pentium chipsets like tras at 5 ( or as low as possible) nforce2 performs best at timings of 8-11 (thats a range, what are they basing it on?)

does anyone know more about this, or is it just bs?

Thanks for the help

p.s. I hate how i can't buy kingston 3200 2-2-2-6 memory anymore, to match the one i already have.

not sure technically why it is but my summation is that we have more ram nowdays and therfore have no reason to clear it so quickly via tras.

However, give it a shot. I did and got a nice little performance boost out of it.

im running 2-2-3-11 in mine btw

Yeah, 11 seems to be the best with nForce2 systems, but NOT with AMD systems in general. The VIA KT400 and KT600 type chipsets do better with 5 and/or 6. Going too low often results in data corruption, so be careful.

cool, thanks. i would have never guessed it. (going easy on the ram gives me a performance boost. hmmm... might make it easier to overclock from 2-3-2-6 to 2-2-2-11

Back