• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair PC3000 OC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Optimus Prime

I have 2 512mb sticks of Corsair XMS PC3000 non twinX. This ram supports cas ratings of 2-2-2-5-T1 at PC3000 speeds. I have been running this ram at 204 with cas settings of 2-2-3-11-T1 and vdimm of 2.8 for about 6 months now with no problems.

However when I push my ram speed up it seems to crap out just short of 220. My question is this. How high do you think I should be able to push this ram. Is this about expected? What is considered a safe overclock for ram of this stature? I really don't want to screw my ram up cause i just dont have the cash to buy another gig of it.

In addition do you think it would be more benneficial for my system. Keeping cas2 and running at 210 or moving to cas 2.5 and pushing the mem speed up higher?

Im running a Giga-Byte ga7nnxp with a swiftech north bridge cooler so nb temp isnt a prob cause it sits at 22 at full load.

BTW the reason that I am asking is cause I just picked up a mobile barton from newegg that I will be recieving this week so I need to gather all the pertinent info from my oc.com gods.
Tnks

That is very safe, it seems to be hard to kill ram! BH-5 really needs alot of voltage before it really comes alive, and 220 on 2.8vdimm is pretty good going.

I dont think its worth going to cas 2.5 because i doubt that you will get anymore out of the ram (well i didnt).

also how would i know if this is bh-5 without pulling the heat spreaders?

And does bh-5 even come in speeds other than 3200

Thanks for your rediculesly fast and helpfull responce jimbob

im pretty sure that they are BH-5 going by the rated timings. If you want to double check it might tell you on the site.

yeh it comes in speeds of pc3000 pc3200 pc3500, ( i think thats it ) althought they are pretty hard to come by now.

hmm they suit you system well and if they are BH-5 (which im pretty sure they are) if you can give them more voltage they will go a long way.

good point. how high can i push my vdimm. is jumping up to 2.9 safe. I read some where at some point that 3 just eats ram alive so that seems like its not for me.

Back