• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ABIT KX7-333R over clocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dukemurmur

ok as of now i have a kt-600 plus from SOYO and it is a major POS. So i'm getting an older folding comp with a ABIT/KX7-333R mobo. My current setup is in my sig. My cpu i had stable at 2.34 with 1.8 volts wich i think was way more then it needed. The temps on that where 36-37 idle and 39-40 full load. I'm also getting a Zhalmin AlCu cooler(the one with the "cage" around the set in fan) so what do u think that my stable oc wil be with the ALCu cooler and the ABIT KX7-333R?

I have/had the same board, mine could do 190-195fsb stable, my pc2700 ram was starting to flake after that. The KX7 only has a 5 divider, so if you want 200 or above get a new board because pci devices aren't going to like that overclock very much. What your cpu can do, I have no idea.

I almost forgot, anyone that owns a KX7-333, can you tell me the part number printed on the mosfet/transistor labeled Q6 on the pcb. Its the one with the leads pointing to the top of the board in the upper right hand corner of the board. Thanks a lot if anyone can.

I would but i don't have the board yet it is cooming in a machine that i just bought. When i get it i will tell u though

Thanks, I just hope i can buy the same chip to replace it, cause somehow that got busted in half. I had heatsinks pasted to most of the mosfets and stuff, and i cant read the numbers anymore.

ahh yeah i should have it in a few days. Those boards let alone parts r getting kinda hard to find so...... But yeah what did u use to atach them??

If your refering to the heat sinks i put on, Artic silver III paste. Strong stuff to say the least, plust it is Artic silver.

alright thanxs where can you get that as i plain to put hs on mine also. So i was just wondering what else can be used incase i can't get that?

Back