• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Terrible or Moderately Bad Memtest86 results?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tatuya

Well I decided to run memtest86 on my rig and ended up with 97k errors after two passes through, now is this terrible or what? I can find no real information on this program,etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

*Note* I can already tell this is bad :mad:

Tatuya said:
Well I decided to run memtest86 on my rig and ended up with 97k errors after two passes through, now is this terrible or what? I can find no real information on this program,etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

*Note* I can already tell this is bad :mad:

Any errors on MemTest86 are bad. You should be able to run memtest through many passes with no errors. Try upping the vdimm or loosening the timings or both.

Thanks for the quick feedback, Ill try it asap. What do you recommend for the vdimm (mine's at 2.6 i believe)

ADDED: Burn in hell samsung, burn in hell....:mad:

I don't know much about Samsung Memory, but just try incrementing it till it works. Keep in mind that not all memory chips like voltage. They are pretty tough, however and are hard to kill. I crank my Mushkin pc 3500 and pc4000 to 3.2v and 2.8v respectively. Good luck.

Well my errors have gone down to 9k for one run (1/5 of the original) by chaging my vdimm to 2.8 from 2.6. I may yet consider a vdimm mod so as to allow 3.0 or even 3.2 volts. Seems like this stuff is powerhungry.

*Note* CAS Latency is at it's default of 2.5.

You better do something about it. use max voltage and back all the timings off.
Don't even think about running your system with 1 error when picked up on memtest. Sure it might run but its far from a good idea.
My cousin had a brand new AMD based board that spat out thousand of errors with memtest86 so one can't always point the finger at the memory alone.

One error is a Terrible or Moderately Bad Memtest86 results.

Back