• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Boys i did the L12 mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mojoe66

Registered
I did the L12 mod

Well i could never get over 220 Fsb before with my double sided XMS 3500(512mb), but after i did the L12 mod i can run 235Fsb.

My only problem is that if i should be sticking with my 1 gig of mem and run 217Fsb or run my singel XMS at 235?:D

Is that the one with the 1k resistor that you have to solder into place? I was thinking about doing that my self. Was it a PITA to do?

Nah..its just the Pin-mod (defualt to 166mhz / wire in socket method ). Search for it on google. No soldering is involved for the L12...and yes it does work that well:beer:

http://www.ocinside.de/go_e.html?/html/workshop/pinmod/amd_pinmod.html

My only problem is that if i should be sticking with my 1 gig of mem and run 217Fsb or run my singel XMS at 235?
What gives you better bandwith? I'd run memtest...maybe you have a dud sitck.

I have never had any luck with the L12 mod maybe I was doing soemthing wrong I have an unlocked barton 2500 NOT mobile so what are the pins I do just the one for the 200 Mhz FSB or the V looking mod from a 133Mhz -200Mhz chip?

For the mobile barton users who did this sucessfully, could you please post which pins (in socket) you connected? I've read the sticky and searched other boards and a couple suggest different things. I'd rather get an answer from one of the guys who actually did this sucessfully. I actually did this mod already but took it out becuase it didn't improve my overclock, but that could be because of my ram... Thanks guys :)

here was my attempt; last post in the L12 sticky:
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=2663080#post2663080

I am going to stay with 1024MB Ram and 217Fsb since it gives me a much smother game play.

Waiting now on a Khx 3000 and hoping its either Bh5 or Bh6 since my to sticks Ch5 wont over 217 Fsb 3V.

Back