• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

komusaDDR 4200 533

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dunker1

Would some 1 be kind enought o direct me to where I can find a post regarding what I need to do to get my memory to work at 533?
I have just built my PC with ASUS P4P 800D, P4 2.8 & 1GB of Komusa as listed above. I want to now suck the juice from this baby.
I have read the forums noob docs, but I recall seeing a some post specific to KOMUSA....
Please help if you can, and tell me what setting I need.

Kevin

You may have to adjust your voltages a little using the komusa stuff, and timings a little bit. I dont know how much about overclocking you know but I assume since you read everything you know that in order for the memory to work at ddr533 you need to overclock the fsb to reach that kinda speed.

To get your memory to default speed you will need to have your fsb speed reach 266. That will bring your CPU overclock to 3724mhz. That is quite a healthy overclock for a 2.8c. You may only get your ram to run DDR500 max which is 250fsb (3500mhz CPU). You need to follow basic overclocking instructions, because it's not really specific to any type of ram. Raise your rams voltage, lock APG/PCI to 66/33. Raid your fsb and see what happens.

SCARED!!!!!!!

Wow thanks guys... I really appreciate how responive all of you have been.
Now I gotta go do this.. Wish me luck!!
Dunker:eek:

oc results

ok thx.. what do we think of this: My score is top pic, as compared to a capture of the URL in the thread above refering to KOMUSA.

Attachments

• 0c-12-0404.jpg
    0c-12-0404.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 132
rest of data

Darn it my post did not work:
I bumped FSB to 240.3 3.365 ghz..temps on cpu went down??
It sappears to be running well. Have not done a burn in test -But will play some hard core games shortly..:)
Where do i adjust voltages for MEMORY on my ASUS -4-800d??

Sorry for being such a noob

DDR freq??

ok ofound voltage tweaks in MOBO - what setting should I use for DDR freq? 400Mghz is highest option?

400MHz is 1:1 which will make your DDR run in sync with your CPU FSB...so if your at 240FSB your RAM will be at 480MHz..still underclocked...so selecting 1:1 will leave you with no problems

I found that simply running hardcore games doesn't work, they only find the same errors you could find while browsing the forums, etc. To really test out your OC you could run Prime95. I tried the same thing all the way up to 241 fsb to find out it was unstable. Thats my experience on the testing with games matter :D

Back