• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Two 64MB sticks of PC800 RDRAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stupid Boy

I need two 64MB sticks of PC800 RDRAM. They are for a Dell Dimension 8100 (that I hate because it has Windows Me). They should be about as fast as Dell's RAM, but they should not be very expensive. My brother is currently using the PC to mush his brain, so I couldn't check the RAM's timings. I doubt I would be able to find them anyway.

Anyway, what brand of RDRAM should I get?

Thanks

EDIT: It seems hard to find 64MB RIMMs, so one 128MB RIMM and one continuity RIMM is fine too.

EDIT #2: I just need a brand; I may buy it off eBay.

Last edited:
RDRAM MUST used in identical pairs & ALL the ram slots must be filled. I'm guessing your mobo has 4 ram slots, so if your only using 2 sticks of RDRAM, you'll need 2 C-RIMM's in the other slots. I would reccomend 2 x 128MB sticks of SAMSUNG PC800. I'm running 2 x 256MB of Samsung PC800 @ 140FSB (= PC1120) on my Abit TH7II-R mobo & haven't had any probs with it at that speed. 256MB of ram will allow a nice upgrade to Windows XP also! WinME?:eek: :eek: :eek:
-Dave

baltoos said:
RDRAM MUST used in identical pairs & ALL the ram slots must be filled. I'm guessing your mobo has 4 ram slots, so if your only using 2 sticks of RDRAM, you'll need 2 C-RIMM's in the other slots. I would reccomend 2 x 128MB sticks of SAMSUNG PC800. I'm running 2 x 256MB of Samsung PC800 @ 140FSB (= PC1120) on my Abit TH7II-R mobo & haven't had any probs with it at that speed. 256MB of ram will allow a nice upgrade to Windows XP also! WinME?:eek: :eek: :eek:
-Dave

I have four slots.

Two slots have 64MB cards installed. Two slots are empty.

I want to put two sticks of 64MB or one one 128MB card and a continuity RIMM in the other slots.

My mother is against upgrading to XP on this PC.

I found what I needed on eBay.

Back