• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

never had any beep code / fried UI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mastaofdisastax

Registered
I've had my DFI NFII UI for about a week now and not once have I ever heard a beep code, even the single "everything's ok" beep. I have a friend with a similar problem and was wondering if anyone else also had this problem. If you have had a similar problem, how did you go about fixing it?

Up until now, I haven't minded too much, but I may have fried my mobo OC-ing it and it sure would be nice to have some beep codes (though Im not even sure if it would beep at this point anyway)

This brings me to my second question. I had the fsb to 270 and was able to restart and POST successfully several times. After that, I couldn't POST at all. When I turn on the computer, all the fans, hard drives, leds start up like normal, but the keyboard and monitor never initialize, nor does it POST. Im afraid I've fried something. Is there a chance it is the BIOS, or is it most likely the mobo itself? How can I determine either way?

Probably the bios. Reset the CMOS to make sure, or try holding the insert key when turning the system on. You also might want to make sure your speaker is hooked up right on the motherboard.

mastaofdisastax said:
I've had my DFI NFII UI for about a week now and not once have I ever heard a beep code, even the single "everything's ok" beep. I have a friend with a similar problem

I don't really consider that a problem. Actually I'd be thankful that it doesn't beep if I were you. I hate that ugly beeping sound, mine does that from time to time in Windows & while doing other things. It's so darn annoying.

It's probably bios giving you problems. Just reset cmos or try what cack stated. Nothing to really worry about, just means it does not like the settings you preferred to run them at. Sometimes bios may post the new saved settings & then bios may realize that it no longer does like those settings. (DFI boards (bios) especially seem to have a mind of their own)

One trick to try is turn the PSU off, and wait until the light turns off. Then hold insert while turning on the PSU, you should see the lights flash, then turn the comp on while holding insert still and hit delete a bunch of times :p It has worked for me when nothing else would, even when i was getting some kinda bios error/part number.

Yes, I've tried resetting the CMOS. I've tried doing it while holding the Insert key. I've also tried holding the Insert key while powering on the PSU, all to no avail.

And nomatter what I do, I can't get the beep codes to sound nor can I get any visual error codes because I can't POST.

Does it still sound like a BIOS issue? (also considering I had successfully rebooted several times after flashing to the 1/21 BIOS before it decided not to work)

My new plan is to try out my friend's BIOS chip and see if I can POST using that. If not, Ill know the mobo is fried and reluctantly go buy another one. Hopefully, I'll just be able to buy another BIOS online and save a little money.

Honestly I do not think your problem is your board. I'm guessing it's bios & or bios corruption (maybe due to what you did or maybe not). I've seen & read about very strange things happening with the DFI motherboards in general.

Many people have had to reset cmos a million times. Take the battery out & leave the jumper in the reset position over night. Ahhh.......Reboot a million times, while hitting insert key & delete key...........All have had the same signs as you are indicating. People have hit 270 fsb on this board so.......

Head over to www.amdmb.com under their forum page. They have an onsight DFI guy that helps out & could point you in the right direction if your lucky. (if you ask me hes not helpful at all, but thats just my opinion) His nick is Angry_Games.

-ºb§

Back