• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BH5 or ADATA ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

{PMS}fishy

I have a P4 system in the works.

I have a Gig of BH-5 now.

I am wondering if I would be better keeping that and running 5:4
Or ditching it, making some $$, and getting some Komusa w/Adata and running 1:1

It will be on an AI7 or P4C800-E w/a 3.0c, Im going to hit 4ghz

Let me know, and post me some benchines.

Thanks guys.

i would choose to run in Sync with the CPU ..also less of a hassle to get the A-DATA to do what u need..just cant tightin them as tight as BH-5 and doesnt require as much volts as BH-5 either

With a 2.4C at like 295-300FSB people score around 7000mb/s in Sandra, and yes thats with PC-4200 Adata @ 1:1 2.85V, some even 2.75V.

Cant wait to get my 2x256 PC-4200 Adata :D

keep the BH-5.
to get 4 gig is a fsb of 266mhz and a 5/4 divider pits the ram at 213. combine that with the 2-2-2-6 timmings and ya got some killer perfomance. with 1:1 at 266 you wont be able to get the ras to cas delay or the precharge timmings low enough to compete with the bh-5.
In sandra 1:1 will show better, but it's not a real world test. if ya do some superpi testing or 3dmark, or even pcmark test the will put the 5:4 scores ahead of the 1:1
I did a bunch of testing on this a few monthes ago with my p4 system and ended up selling off the 1:1 ram i had cus it didn't perform as well. I wish I still had all the screenies to show ya , but they are lost after too many formats.

if u was u id keep the bh5. u need to run the fsb to around 265-270 to get 4 gig. the bh5 run 2225 at 5/4 will do that easliy. now if u didnt have any ram or had a 2.4c and was trying to decide what ram to buy then the easy pick would be the cheap fast pc4200 adata hyperram..

Ok, well I have decided to keep the BH-5.

Ill have a P4C800-E and an AI7 comming soon. Both are getting volt mods and Ill shot for some 267fsb 1:1 for you guys.

Wish me luck.

flapperhead said:
the ai7 already has vimm voltage selection up to 3.2. plus it will easily run 270 without additional modifications

3.2v is never enough. I know what the board has. I just doubt bh5 will run 2-2-2-5 at 3.2v. I was thinking more like 3.5v

My ADATA ram at 250 1:1 with PAT enabled at 2.5-4-3-7 does about 5800 in Sanra, and 5400 read/2300 write in Aida32. I know those are synthetic, but those are the only numbers I can really provide.

{PMS}fishy said:

3.2v is never enough. I know what the board has. I just doubt bh5 will run 2-2-2-5 at 3.2v. I was thinking more like 3.5v

yeah ur right, i was thinking since he already has bh5, just keep it and run it at 5/4 and @270 fsb the bh5 should do it easily... OR heres another scenerio. sell the bh5 at a profit ,buy the pc4200 and keep the extra cash... heheheh.

I suggest you take that BH-5 and sell it on ebay, it'll sell for around $400 if not more...... with that money get some Adata RAM and you'll still have about $200 to spare....

sweet deal:D

Back