• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4P800 Dual Channel Memory Speed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mentor10

First off - I'm a noob of the 1st order. And I can tell it's going to
take quite some time to get this all down.

Now.. my question --

When I use only one of my Infineon 512 DDR 400 simms, at post
it states memory @ 400. When I use both, it states dual
channel at 320. Is this normal? Also, any suggestions to get the best out of what I've got here?

Last -- where is the best place to start on all the technical aspects of overclocking? Thanks.

Attachments

• p4-24c.jpg
    p4-24c.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 84
perhaps your two memory chips aren't the same

it looks like the board automatically set a 5:4 ratio for the chips, because the spd rating for one of them is pc2700

Makes sense... but I had two different ""DDR400"" 512's in it before I went and bought these two. If I put either of the 2 in by themselves, it shows 400... but together 320. I'm sure it's something simple but while researching this on the net, I can't come up with an answer. And I've learned to always search before asking a question already answered. CPU-Z shows the exact same info for DIMM 1 & 2.

If I wanted to force the system to treat both as 3200 by not using the SPD, what do I need to set to what? Tkx.

Back