• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best motherboard for a amd cpu?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zxlr8

I have a friend that has had 2 nf7-s that were supposably doa from newegg. He was told by another person that the nf7-s is a problem child and everyone that gets the motherboard has to get 2-3 before thay get one that works. Now first of all, let me know what your thoughts are on that board and if it is one of the best overclocking boards out there. Also tell me and I will show this thread to him. I told him the dfi lanparty was a good board as well. He doesn't believe me about the nf7-s......

zxlr8 said:
I have a friend that has had 2 nf7-s that were supposably doa from newegg. He was told by another person that the nf7-s is a problem child and everyone that gets the motherboard has to get 2-3 before thay get one that works. Now first of all, let me know what your thoughts are on that board and if it is one of the best overclocking boards out there. Also tell me and I will show this thread to him. I told him the dfi lanparty was a good board as well. He doesn't believe me about the nf7-s......

The Abit NF7-S is one of the best overclocking boards (I have the NF7). With mine I have had no problems and it overclocks nicely. He just had bad luck, and to the 2-3 before one works is a pure lie :mad: :mad:.

Mods, I just realized I posted this in the wrong section. Sorry, I meant to put it in the amd cpu forum. Go ahead and move it when you need to.

Oh and anybody else have any more experiences? I want him to see a few people agree on something. He is frustrated and so am I. :mad: :mad:

Last edited:
LoL, yet another vote for NF7-S if your not going to insanely overclock your ram

If you want an insane ram overclock (230+ FSB) go with a DFI lanparty or infinity...

Im getting the DFI infinity.

with the new bios and no limit volts it, to me, is the best overclocking board.

Yes, the Asus is not too god when it comes to OCing, but if you do a mod here and there you will be alright. I still think the nf7-s is better... should have read some reviews before I got mine, blah. :(

another vote for the NF7-S. its the coolest. i hear DFI infinity is giving it quite a challenge at who's the boss of the Athlon market. but i am a friend of not buying technology while it's too hot, let the others do the testing and troubleshooting of a new product, i'll get it six months later when everyone knows how it performs

emilio

My nf7-s was works great, and not only was it the first nf7-s i purchased (and received) it's the first motherboard i've every purchased and installed. This is my first homebuilt system. and i've got a "decent" overclock, and i'm pretty sure my abit isn't holding me back. Obviously i can't comment on the DFI's but I'll vouche for abit and say he shouldn't have as many problems as he's letting on.
Kevin

Thier is an Abit AN7-s out to replace the NF7-s, but i heard bad things about AN7.

Me personally id get the Abit NF7-S rev 2.0 board. I got one and never had prob wit hit. It overclocks wonderfly 2.

The Asus board people keep saying doesnt get very higher FSB clocks.

The DFI board on theoi ther hand im hearing alot of good things about it. Sopposidly its even better then the NF7-S

On my A7N8X-E Deluxe I can hit 250fsb with PC3200 ram, so dont count it out. The only problem I have with it is it's voltage limit. You can only go .2v over stock, even with an uber bios. Maybe there is a mod to change this, but its kind of a pain. Personaly, I think you should tell him to grab a DFI board.

My NF7-S vers 2 overclocks great but i have one problem that i hate and that is,It has an issue with my usb mouse.

After a couple of reboots,it freezes. argggg!!!!!

Yuriman said:
On my A7N8X-E Deluxe I can hit 250fsb with PC3200 ram, so dont count it out. The only problem I have with it is it's voltage limit. You can only go .2v over stock, even with an uber bios. Maybe there is a mod to change this, but its kind of a pain. Personaly, I think you should tell him to grab a DFI board.

Oh my... 250fsb? How in the world did you accomplish that? Good job! :cool:

There is a volt mod that can be done in order to access crazy voltages, but I really dont want to run my CPU higher than 1.825v on air anyway.

I would say the DFI Ultra Infinity since the NF7-S Ver. 2 boards are kinda ****ty these days due to the changes done to them. :(

Workin' on my NF7-S Ver. 2 right now. love the bios options.
Sent back my DFI NFII Ultra B after 2 months of use. 'Tis a sweet board, but many ppl have had issues w/ the BIOS on it. :(

I have to put my vote w/ the NF7-S.

Back