• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI BIOS Support?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

johan851

Insatiably Malcontent, Senior Member
I'm thinking of getting a DFI Infinity or LanParty nForce2 board, and I was browsing the DFI site for BIOS updates to see how current they keep them. Frankly, DFI's website is a joke - I'm only seeing 4 BIOSes for each board, and the latest is from some time in November. They all seem to be for the A+ revision - is that the same as the B revision of these boards?

Also, does DFI have an in-Windows flash utility, and is it any good?

DFI doesn't really do many of their own BIOSes there is a guy at amdmb that writes BIOSes for them and most people get their BIOSes from him and he is really good.

dfi has an inwindows flash utility, i use it only because I dont have a floppy drive, but it works for me.
and for the non-lanparty mobos, theres only been a revision a for the boards, while the lan-party's revision b is better than a

Those beta BIOSes work just fine on the Infinity's too, right?

Aren't the Infinity and the Lanparty the same thing, just with some different colors and another LAN connection on the Lanparty?

johan851: I have four (4) DFI ultra infinities all using the beta 1/31 and working perfectly :). Only use the UI bioses for UI and the LP bioses for LP (make sure of rev A or B before flash). Also after flash of 1/31 be sure to change hdd bios settings from the default CHS for the 1/31 bios to LBA or it won't boot into OS.

Psyko

Thanks a lot Psyko. Hopefully we can kinda revive the DFI section of these forums - it seems a little quiet. :) I'm going to be doing a NF7-S vs. Infinity Ultra II comparison here in a little bit. Should be interesting.

I can't find the 1/31 BIOS on the DFI-Street site - where can I download it? Is the one on this site: http://www.midnightmachine.com/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=2 correct?

Back