• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

why go for pc4000?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bored-sarcasm

im loooking to upgrade (who isnt) and was wondering whats the point in getting pc4000 ram if the mobo can only handle pc3200 (400mhz) ?

help me out.

just because a mobo says it can only handle, or says its 400 mhz capable, doesnt mean you cant get a lot higher than that. Are you using an AMD mobo? I wouldnt advise going over pc3700 for any amd, and even thats a big stretch

now P4's, I dont know much about.

if u have an 865/875 mb and a low multiplier cpu like a 2.4c ur choice is either the very expensive bh5/bh6 or some of the moderately priced pc4000/4200/4400 and overclok the hell out of it.. the cp4000 isnt really very good for most amd stuff..

Let us know what your using, depending on your system, and what you want to do with it, pc4000 may be a benefit. If you keep everything stock, pc3200 is the farthest you want to go.

i was thinking about it, it is most likely an amd system. That being the case, I would try to find some pc-3200 bh-6 or some 04' ch-5(i hear that its been doing very good).

The higher speed you go, if you dont get bh-6 or ch-5, latency is going to be more, which you dont want

im using a crappy rig right now (celeron 1.3) but i was wondering because im planning to upgrade here in the next month or so, and need to get all the info to build the best rig i can.

Back