• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI board/XP2800+ cpu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mack936

Registered
keeping in mind that i don't have a lot of money to spend currently,i have been shopping around for a dependable mb that is upgradable to at least a xp3200+ if i decide later to do this!
i have been looking for something that will overclock well and remain stable. i don't expect to overclock the 2800+ to extreme measures,just beinbg able to overclock period would be nice.
i'm currently using a celeron2.3 400fsb and a biostar U8668D mb with 256 meg ddr266 memory and i've reading and hearing how the 2800+ is much better for my home theater project.
seems that all my local dealers either have the MSI series boards or chaintech,but,they recommend either the msi,asus or abit.
so my question is:how well does the MSI boards work and how reliable are they?

i would get a xp 2500 as it has a lower multiplier and so better chance of high fsb

since they locked the multipliers there is no point in buying the faster ones

and an nforce 2 board,descent psu ,corsair or mushkin ram

motherboard = K7N2-Delta or K7N2-Delta-ILSR
CPU = 2500+ mobile
Ram = corsair or mushkin as wonkanoby stated
PSU = Antec Turepower 430w or better

Dont skip out on ram or a PSU or you will end up with problems.

MP 2500+

what is the main difference between a MP2400+ to a MP2600+ ?
i have not found an MP2500+ yet and i'm still looking. will either of these work as well as the MP2500+? if not can anyone inform as to where to get one at a comparable price? i have seen as much as 80 dollars difference so far in the MP2600+ from one to site to another. i wouls like to find one and fet it ordered before the decision ins made to either discontinue or lock these processors!

You dont want a MP you want a Mobile there 2 different setups. MP is made for dual CPUs and mobile is for laptops. Newegg is where I buy all my stuff

nf7-s and xp mobile2500+

well i ordered the abit NF7-S and an XP Mobile 2500+ cpu today so i can get started on my new system. the next step is a real good cooling fan since i have an antec power supply and case and memory! any recommendations as to a good fan?

[T-A]_Super_10 said:
I hope you got the NF7-S revision 2.0 so it will support 400FSB the 1st revision only supports 333FSB

yes it is the NF7-S V2 with the nforce 2 chipset
does up to 400FSB
and has all the overclock menus and full cd package. i got the retail not the oem

Back