• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

kv7 - winbond system temp off?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jlin453

Well, I just finished building my dad's rig. Barton 2500+ (@3200+) and a Abit KV7. I bought the motherboard refurbished from newegg and everything's up and running perfectly.

I installed the winbond hardware doctor and temps are strange. The system temp shows at 60C and my CPU temp shows at 53.5C. The cpu temp I'll accept since I'm using a slk900a but the slowest 80mm fan I have (need the rig quiet).

So, what's up with that system temp? I'd figure since this IS winbond's own program that it should read the correct sensor. It came on the motherboard CD so it should be supported.

no im afraid that the system temp is correct. because it is accually the pulse width modulater temp.(PWM) you can see that in bios under system heath if im not mistakin.

you say that the sys temp it 60c if that load or idle. 60 load if ok alittle hot but ok. 60c idle, now i would call that to hot. under a load that would be like 70 or so.

look above your CPU, you will see a row of tall capaciter, and in between them are( in pairs of 2), 6 or 7 are very small(8mmx8mm or so) black squares(mosfets) they are what "clean" and carry the load of your cpu's power, thats what you need to cool if you want your system temp to come down.

i have 2 80mm fans mounted over them im both my systems.

with out the fans my sys load temps are around 70-75 and my Vcore is very unstable.

well i hate to say it but the temp is pretty much acurrate. the system temp on a KV7 is acually the PWM(pulse width modualter) temp. you can see this in your bios. 60 is allitle hot, but as long as Vcore is fairly stable you should be ok. i try to not let mine get over 55 while running prime95.

the best way to cool them(mosfets) they clean and carry the load of the power to your cpu, is with small heat sinks that just cover the top of them and some fan acton.

i have to 80'S blowing across them in both my rigs

http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/large.php?model=125

they are the small black squares to the right of the CPU socket in the pic. there is about 6 or 7 of them.

in your comp im sure that they would be above your CPU

sorry didnt mean to double post......the first one didnt show up and i though i didnt do something right

its winbond. Trust me, it isn't correct. There's that, plus the fact that your cpu temp will never be lower than the system temp, make it a dead givaway.

Un-install that heap o junk and use mbm or speedfan:)

Well just as an update, I ran MBM's config and set it up for the K7V and got the same readings.

Thanks for the info guys.

truth my i even took an infared temp gun and the mosfets even read alittle bit higher than what the PWM temp showed to be. the only thing windond did wrong was to call it the sys temp ensteed of the PWM ot Mofet temp

Im having this same problem WTH was abit thinking to release a mobo that carries such high temp on mosfets at least they could have mounted hs to them !!!

Back