• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1200MHz Athlon at 900 MHz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

computerbias

I just built a comp for my kid, and used the msi kt133 lite, I can only get a 100 MHz FSB, why is this and if so, Please tell me of a mod I can to to get to 133. or up the multiplier on my athlon thunderbird to 12

:mad:

I was hoping to get a better build than this!!!

kt133a can do 133 FSB. I think some kt133's can only do 100. Check you board's manual, if you can't find the options for FSB in the bios there might be jumpers.

You can unlock a tbird by connecting the L1's with pencil lead. But you'll still need the bios or jumpers or wire pin mods to set the multiplyer.

I am not familiar with that board, but it sounds like a jumper is set to 100 fsb, check for it and switch it to 133 if possible.

-Milkman

no bios controls, no jumpers, guess I just spent $30.00 for no improvement.

She was running a 900 MHz athlon slot a, and I had this 1200 thunderbird laying in a drawer, but oh well, her pc is on again anyhow.

Silly to think, but I do have a 1200 MHz celeron, would that even boot up, that has a 100 MHz fsb and 12X multiplier?

It would be nice

That's it.

if you notice, anything with a 133 or higher FSB runs only at 100fsb, I wish I'd seen this page prior to bying the board, just so I would've known.

Back