• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

an35n ultra Memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

krazykraut

I have 256 333 crucial memory, Will this work in an35 ultra/an35n 400 or should I get some other brand??
Thanks in advance
:confused: :confused:

Hey KK!

I ran my 2 x 256mb Crucial PC2700 for 4 monthes with no problems when I first got my board. Best I could get was 185FSB @ 6-2-2-2.5 timings but some have gotten them to run higher. Buffalo\Winbond CH-5 PC3200 is a great bargain stick for use in this board, either www.newegg.com or www.tblmemory.com sell them in 256mb or 512mb flavors.

Regards, Balrog

I got my crucial 333 to 404 @ 2.7v with 7-3-3-3. The best timings I could get but runs fast. It benches in between 2700 and 3200, some were in the middle. I can't remember exactly the score right now. The timings kept it from scoring in the 3200 range but I'm satisfied.

got my rma back and am up and running with 256 buffalo(ordered the wc but got 1a). trouble is when i try to install drivers from disk it says to put 98 disk in and highlights my computer. wherever i put disk it comes back with you have selected to cancel install. have tried every i can think of. help please:confused: :confused:

Check the setting where its trying to copy the drivers from, it usually defaults to your C:\ drive not the CD\ROM drive. Also I found it simpler to load the drivers through the Device Manager in 98\SE. Just click on update driver and select browse, then open the appropriate folder on the drivers CD. Let me know if you have further problems and we'll find a way to get you running. Remember that you need to installl the USB2 drivers and the Audio Hotfix if you're using 98\SE, these are located on the driver CD but don't install automatically, you have to open the folder and start it manually, the folders are marked USB2 & Audio I believe.

Good Luck and keep us posted!

Regards, Balrog

Hey K.K.!

Sweet!

Nice temps! Are you in Alaska? :D Hmmmm! N.Y. must be the northern part!

MBM5 works well for me but try changing the voltage config to SB61G as this reads much closer to BIOS, Sandra and multimeter readings than the default setting.

Depending on your brand of HDD at the bottom of the menu on the General settings you'll find an activation box for reading your HDD temps if it supports them, unfortunately my WD 800 JB does not.

If you get into OCing it, throw some scores up in this thread it'll benefit others who want to mess with their boards or are considering buying an AN35N Ultra.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=267160

Good Luck!

Regards, Balrog

Back