• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bios problems.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PCFreek14

ok i have my 2100+ clocked at 200*11 and everytime i shut down my pc and turn it back on i get this error... Bios ROM checksome error and it wants me to insert a system disk but then i just turn it off and back on then it works but when i have it on 11*197 it works..... obvioulsy this is corruption do to overclock...... i tried lowering the bios to 1004 from 1007.... nothing. is there anyway for me to get my fsb to 200????

Last edited:
Have you tried the vdd chipset mod? It should take care of your problem. The only other time I've had this come up on mine was caused by the mem timings.

Jim

that is the mod that u have to solder wires to things right...... i'd rather have 197 fsb

Actually, you don't have to solder it, you can do the hot glue method. Worked first try on mine, very easy to do. It's also removeable without anyone being able to tell it was done.

Jim

I had this problem before when I was using eLixir PC3200 memory modules. It won't allow me to go higher speed because of error. This occurred at 185 x 11 on dual channel mode. If you are getting this problem in DCM, then try another set of memory sticks or try reseating them. I bought the Mushkins PC3500 lev II and it solved my problem.

Another fix is to relax the memory timing or use your divider to reduce memory speed. I know this is not where you want to go, but try it and see if the Bios checksum error goes away. That way you can verify this problem is related to RAM. Also, try Memtest30 and see if you memory speed is working per Mfg specs and in dual mode. Good luck.

Last edited:
thanks guys but im not gunna do anything about it. im happy with 197 fsb

Back