• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Updating drivers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Coolest

Hey, I've never updated my nForce drivers yet. I know how to update video drivers but I never bothered looking into the best way to do it with nforce drivers. On my VIA boards I usually just installed a new driver over the older one. Should I do the same here too or should I completely uninstall the nForce drivers first, removing everything that is nv*.* in my windows folder and installing new ones?
I'm guessing this will make me reinstall the video drivers as well?

You can install video before chipset, I've done it. Although thearetically you should go from the top down (chipset-auxiliary drive controlers-DX9-video-sound and so on). With NF drivers, I would uninstall first, because I know of the little IDE driver thing and you may install over and wont remove old drivers that aren't replaced.

Also regarding Via chipset drivers, dont get the latest one if you dont have the latest chipsets. They stoped testing the newer drivers for older chipsets, so go into the Via forums and ask if you have a old chipset on which version you should use.

Back