• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mem deal

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

syberspy9

ok well im doing a trade with my local guy here and in it i get new ram but what to get?

so what should i get i want kingston and im thinking
pc3200 ddr400 (somthing about bh-5 chips???)
can some one tell me what i should be looking into for memory whats good but i cant spend to mutch

well, in my opinion u want either bh5/bh6 winbond chips. they run real tight timings at 5/4 up to 240 or so if u overvolt them 3+ volts.however since winbond stopped making the chips they have gotten to be a fortune.so if they are bh5/ch6 and expensive GRAB them. if u want something cheap to go 1-1 maybe some kingston valurram with hynix-bt d43 chips. i had a set i bought about 6 weeks ago that ram 260-1-1. only thing is ur 2.4c is probably gonna run at least 270+ so the memory would hold u back. lastly depending on the chips used on the kingston they may not even run at 5/4 if it is made of chips that dont oc well,. especially if u have a nice 2.4c thats oc very well - like 285-290. anyway these are some things to ponder when getting memory for a 2.4c.. goodluck and if u need more info feel free to ask... flapperhead

Back