• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KT600 DRAGON Plus questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dragonprince

I have a couple of questions about the KT600 Dragon Plus board.

Are there any options in the BIOS to adjust cpu core voltage?

Are there any options to adjust RAM voltage and timings?

If there are options how do you access them ?

I can set the board to run my mobile barton at 2200 but it needs more core voltage so I hope that it can be adjusted.......

No, you cant change any of those within BIOS, with the exception of timing.. and I cant recall exactly where that is in BIOS. I am currently on a hunt to find a way to increase my CPU voltage. I wont get better speeds until I can. Once, and if ever, I find a solution(that doesnt include soddering) I will post it here.

Last edited:
Ok. I had to up the voltage directly on the CPU itself. I now have my 2 gig 2400+ multi of 15x133 FSB voltage 1.65 running at 2.24 and multi of 13.5x166 FSB with the voltage set at 1.8. Now I want to be able to adjust some other things to increase overall performance. I havent been able to hit multi of 14 yet...not sure why. Temp is under control and I dont think I need more voltage to hit it.
So, I am trying to find out if I can use the Soyo Dragon Platinums BIOS for my Dragon Plus. If I can I will be able to change quite a few more things within BIOS. That *MAY* allow me to hit 14 or higher...I am hoping. But I must first make sure that my bios chip with accept the new bios before I try it. Still searching on that one. Get back to you again once I find something.

p.s. Just get the Platinum if you can. Not that Plus is bad...just more options and more OC ablity.

Puer, just noticed that you had an Athlon XP 2400+ if your system. First before I try to help ya, check out the SN for your CPU and post it. I should be able to see the OC-ability of it from that. It should be a fairly long one. I need to see all three of them, and you will need to take it out to get that info off the CPU.

Last edited:
I used to have that info written down. I made sure I got to pick a good cpu before I bought it. I know the stepping is good. I have to get the HS off for a spring clean anyways so i will post the stepping in a day or two.

Thanks for the info BTW!

:rolleyes: I took my HS off, did a big Ol' clean and in the process forgot to read the stepping of my Chip:rolleyes:
I am pretty sure it is a AIUXB. I remember picking from a bunch at the comp shop and made sure I picked the above.

Ok...now onto O/C'ing. Seabee, do you have a multiplier chart handy for the dip switches? Or even a link, I will do a search in the meantime.

My Dilema is this. My current memory is 1 gig of 2700ddr. I do have a single stick of Kingston 512 3200ddr. Now the 3200 is better and will likely yield Higher FSB, but do Iwant to lose the gig of ram for higher FSB?

Ok. First, do you remember the first string of the code? Did it say 2400, or some other number like 2700? Anyway... Yes I have a dip switch graph here, but I havent seen one on the net. It should be right in the manual you got with your board. If not, just post here and I will put 10x thru 17x(that is the highest with dip switch) here.
I have 1 gig of 2700 also. I have my O/C to 2.209 with FSB of 170 and multi of 13. I was able to attain FSB 175 with multi of 13.5 giving me 2.381, but my temps were a little high for me.
You wouldnt be losing 1 gig of RAM, only 512, and yes you will be able to O/C a bit more. Now, how much RAM you want depends on the programs you are running. Basically its up to you, but I would use the 3200, and save for another 512 stick.
I would be willing to bet you could reach 180 FSB or so and about 13.5-15x multi. But that depends on what you have. Good luck and start out low and work your way up. Lemme know how things go.

I basically followed your example used a multi of 13 and FSB of 165(cant go any higher).
My O/C is currently 2.14. Not as high as yours but a happy start. The temps look good so far, maybe 2-3c higher than normal.

Last edited:
What FSB are you starting out at? If you have the jumpers set to 133, in order to go higher than 165, you must set the jumpers to 166 which will open up to 190 I believe. Those jumpers are the ones near the N-bridge and may be red in color.
Refer to your manual how to set it to 166, then once your puter starts back up, be sure to set your memory clock at 166 also. If you keep your mem at 133 and put FSB to 166 you will be losing bandwidth between the mem and CPU. With that 3200(which if I am correct) can reach 200, but that will come after you determine if the CPU can handle 166. At one point I had my FSB at 190, multi at 10.5, but my memory wouldnt go above 170 so I was losing bandwidth. But again, I only have 2700 mem. Good luck.

Oh, another question. Do you have any cooling on your memory? Either passive or active?

My 90mm zalman SF is blowing directly on the mem and in my chieftec case there happens to be a exhaust grill to the right of the mem so their is definately cool air passing over them.
I am going to leave the 333mhz ram in place over the 400mhz. I know the 400mhz is being wasted in the ecs mobo at present(got a deal on this stick). But I am benefiting from the extra ram at present in the SOYO board.
I gotta say, I like this MOBO a lot. The people over at AMDmb.com (is now PCPerspective)
Like this board as well, at least there are more threads regarding it.

Question about the HS removal. I have to unscrew my PS and move it out of the way in order to get my TtV7+ off. I know I have done this before w/ out touching the PS but it is so damn awkward and just to be safe from excessive pressure from the screwdriver on the HS, I prefer a little more room to move around. At least if the screwdriver slips nothing on the board gets damaged.

Do you have more room to play w/ or is it a tight fit getting the screwdriver in place as well?

Last edited:
I have to do the exact same thing. If order to insure enough working space I must take it out also. Before I put everything back in place I run a few tests, once I like what I see I slap the PSU back into place. A bit of a hassle, but I can deal with it.
That is why on the Dragon Platinum, they turned the 478 Socket so that you woudnt have to remove the PSU to install the CPU. The place where you place the screwdriver is towards the memory.
But, I do like the idea that it is hard for me to scratch my board while removing the HSF and CPU.
Got mine upto 2.222 with FSB 171 and 13x. Seems to be get more stable the longer I keep it at a clock setting. I have heard this refered to as Burn-in time. Dunno. But seems to be working good for now...no major heat jumps.

Last edited:
Need a litle help here. I set the jumpers to 166 and rebooted. The comp continues to reboot at the first win xp logo. I reset the cmos, set the jumpers back to 133, set multi back to default, rebooted and still windows reboots?

Now i checked all my connections, triple checked my bios to make sure all was in order and no luck.
Now, I did do a win xp update several hours prior. The update was for a new via driver. In the past w/ my asus 133, the via drivers have caused the comp to lock up more than once. Could this be the cause?
Thanks,
Puer

Get the VIA update from SoyoUSA.com, that is where I get mine everytime. On another note, OCed everything up to 200 FSB and everything is working great. Went down to 11x but I like the bandwidth of the memory now. Lost a little mhz(2.222 to 2.20) but gained in PR rating which I think is now 3270..something like that.

I tried setting the jumpers to 166 this morn. No post. I reset and tried same thing. Suggestions?
I may be stuck w/ 133..not all that bad, I can still get a little O/C out of her. Might play w/ the multi again to see if I cant get a bit higher.

Try going into BIOS once you set this new jumper. Make sure you have the FSB setting set to manual and not SPD, make sure that matches the FSB you are going for. Also, go into the memory screen and make sure the memory is set for the same, manual, and the FSB youare looking for. Also. make sure you set your multi back a little. 166x12.5 or 13 is about normal, then OC up from there. Hope this helps.

Back